- 2 large bunches fresh Swiss Chard, chopped
- 1 medium clove fresh garlic, pressed
- 1/2 Tbpsn of balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt and black pepper to taste
Bring lightly salted water to a rapid boil in a large pot. Cut off tough bottom part of the Swiss Chard stems. Add the chopped leaves to the boiling water and simmer for only 3-5 minutes, until tender. Strain through colander and press out excess water. Toss with rest of ingredients. Make sure you don’t toss chard with dressing until you are ready to serve. Otherwise the flavour will become diluted. Serves 2.