- 4 cups mixed salad greens, washed and dried
- 1 cup cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast pieces (see note)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (rinse just before using)
- 1 medium ripe tomato or 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- 4 Tbspns sliced almonds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tspn onion powder
- 1/2 Tspn sea salt
- 1/4 Tspn freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup canola oil or light extra virgin olive oil
In a large salad bowl, toss together the greens and blueberries. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and add it to the greens. Toss. Add chopped tomato and yellow bell pepper to bowl. Toss again. Scatter the cheese and almonds evenly over the salad and toss well. Divide salad evenly over two dinner plates and top wit Blueberry vinaigrette to taste. Note: You can use roasted, grilled, sautéed, or poached chicken breast. You can also use turkey breast.
Rinse and drain the blueberries well. Place them in a blender or food processor and pulse to chop finely. Add vinegar, water, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Blend ingredients well. Turn the speed on low and slowly drizzle the oil into the vinaigrette through the feed tube or top of the blender. Blend only until all of the oil is incorporated. Serve immediately, or refrigerate while making salad. Shake well before use. Makes about 2 cups.