- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive
- 3 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk the above ingredients together and set aside.
- 10 small beets, cooked
- 3 Lodi apples
- 1 cup walnuts pieces
- 1 large head of red leaf or green leaf lettuce
Wash, but do not trim the beets. In a medium pot, boil them until tender. Drain beets and soak them in a bowl of cold water. When they are cool, peel them and dice them or cut them into or small slices. Wash and dry the apples well. Core and chop the apples. Wash, dry, and tear up the lettuce. In a large glass salad bowl, place the lettuce, apples, beets and walnuts. Drizzle with the dressing and toss well to coat. Serves 6.