- 1 pound of fresh spinach, trimmed and washed well in cold water
- 3 Tbspns of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tspn of red chili flakes
- 2 Tbspns of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 Tspn of sea salt
- 1/4 Tspn of freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spinach and stir for 30 seconds. Strain out into a colander. Squeeze out excess water. Reserve spinach. In pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chili and cook for approximately 1 minute or until the garlic just begins to brown. Add spinach and sauté for 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss and serve immediately. Serves 4.