- 2 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup or 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbspns green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbspns red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ Tspn garlic powder
- ¼ Tspn sea salt
In a large glass bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Form the mixture into a roll about 10 inches long and 1-½ inches in diameter. Sprinkle crushed, chopped nuts onto a sheet of wax paper. Roll the cheese roll in the nuts until completely coated. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill about 6 hours before serving or freeze in your freezer. To thaw, Place in refrigerator the day before serving. Keep refrigerated until an hour before serving. Serve with an assortment of crackers.
*This freezes well and can be made ahead of time.