- 1 cup dried red lentils rinsed well
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
In a large pot of boiling water, bring lentils to a boil. Simmer until they are tender and their shape remains (about 12 minutes). Drain lentils and let them cool to room temperature. In a food processor, puree together the lentils, tahini, lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in garlic and parsley. Refrigerate and enjoy. Makes 2 ¼ cups.