- 6 fresh steelhead trout fillets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cups low fat sour cream
- 3 to 4 bunches fresh dill, chopped
- juice of 1 freshly squeezed large lemon
- 2 bunches fresh green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Coat a heavy skillet with olive oil and place over medium heat. When hot, add the fillets skin down. Sprinkle filets with sea salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes until skin is brown. Meanwhile, in another pan, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Over medium heat, add green onions and stir fry just until wilted (about 4 to 5 minutes). Remove onions and set aside. Turn fish filets over at this point and cook for 5 minutes or until fish is not glassy. Remove fish from heat keep warm while making dill sauce.
In a glass bowl, mix together sour cream, lemon juice, fresh dill, chili powder, cooked green onions, sea salt and some more freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve the sauce over the cooked steelhead trout. Makes 6 servings.