- 2 cups dried whole wheat rotini pasta or dried bowtie pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¾ cup sweet red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, shredded
- ½ cup pitted olives, quartered (use nicoise olives if you can)
- 1 cup vinaigrette dressing (see recipe below)
In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Add the peas the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain pasta and peas well. In a large bowl, combine the pasta and peas, sweet pepper, basil and olives. Set this aside. Pour the vinaigrette onto the pasta and vegetables; toss gently to coat. Makes 6 (1/2 cup servings).
In a small screw top jar, mix 2 to 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar with 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 minced clove of garlic and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cover and shake will to mix.