- 1 cup pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- quarter teaspoon each Worcestershire sauce and grated lemon peel
- one eighth of a teaspoon of sea salt
- dash of bottled hot pepper sauce
Chop cherries in food processor or manually. Combine all ingredients; mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Makes 2 servings. This salsa goes well with pork, chicken and turkey. Great on top of leftover turkey or meat sandwiches.