- 1 pkg (397 g) of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 large Ontario Crispin apples , peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- half teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of peach, apricot jam or orange marmalade
- 2 tsp. of apricot brandy or orange liqueur
On a lightly floured surface roll out half of the puff pastry dough into a 9 inch square. Cut dough into four (four and a half inch) squares; place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. In a large bowl toss apples sliced with lemon juice. In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the sugar and cinnamon; stir into apples. Lay apple slices on pastry, overlapping slightly. Bake in a 400 ° F oven for 15 minutes; sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar over apples. Return tarts to oven and bake about 10 minutes longer or until pastry is puffed and golden. To prepare the glaze, in a small bowl, combine apricot jam and brandy or orange marmalade and liqueur; brush the glaze over warm tarts. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 tarts.