- 1 package (500 gms) of linguine or spaghetti
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- 1 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbs of cold water
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1lb. of large shrimp, cleaned
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper
Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and stir in 1 Tbs of olive oil.
In a food processor with knife blade, or in a blender at high speed, process garlic, basil, lemon juice, water, olive oil and 1/2 tsp. of sea salt until smooth. In another pot, bring water to a boil; add asparagus. Cook until tender crisp. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbs olive oil. Add shrimp, red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt. Cook, stirring until the shrimp turns pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. In a large bowl, toss pasta with basil mixture. Stir in shrimp and asparagus and toss again. Serves 4.