- 1 ½ Tbspns extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole wheat or white flour tortillas (8 or 9 inch)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded skim milk mozzarella or your favourite cheese
- 1 ½ cups diced ripe fresh figs
- 2 Tbspns fresh onion, minced
- 2 Tbspns red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbspns fresh cilantro or Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange tortillas on oiled baking sheet. Spread one half of each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese. Layer each with 1/4 cup diced figs. Divide and sprinkle onion, red pepper and cilantro over all. Top each with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Fold tortillas over to make half-circles and press down lightly. Bake at 350 F until golden brown on bottom, about 8 minutes. With wide spatula, turn and bake until bottoms are again golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove to cutting board and cut each tortilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm. Serves 4.