- 3 Tbspns extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbspn fresh ginger, peeled and slivered
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh snow peas
- 3 crisp red-skinned apples, washed well and unpeeled, cut into thin wedges
- 3 cups steamed rice slightly chilled
- 1 cup roasted chicken breast or pork tenderloin, cubed
Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over low heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the snow peas and apples to the frying pan and cook, stirring frequently, until the peas are crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Fold the cooled snow pea and apple combination into a big bowl of slightly chilled cooked rice along with cubes of cooked chicken breast or pork fillet. Toss and serve. This recipe serves 4.