- 450 gm package of uncooked pasta such as spaghetti, linguine or spinach fettuccine
- Boiling salted water
- 2 medium cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup to ¾ cup fresh chives, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup to ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions. If you want pasta cooked “al dente”, subtract 2 minutes from the cooking time on the package. Drain pasta once it’s cooked and keep warm. Heat the olive oil in 10-inch skillet over low heat. Add garlic to skillet; cook gently until light gold, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not brown garlic or it will become bitter. Remove pan from heat. Stir in parsley, chives salt and pepper. Add hot pasta to skillet. Toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately with cheese to sprinkle. Makes 4 to 6 servings.