- 1/2 cup water
- 2 apples (Lobo or McIntosh), peeled, cored, and chopped
- ¾ cup raisins or chopped fresh plums
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (cooked in 3/4 cup apple juice and 1 3/4 cups water with 2 teaspoons of curry powder if desired)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a small pot, boil the ½ cup of water. Remove from heat and add raisins. Soak the raisins for about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain, and set aside. In a skillet, heat the olive oil and add the onion, curry powder, sea salt and pepper. Sautee until onion is translucent. Add the apples and stir well. Continue to sauté about five minutes. Stir in the rice. Heat through, add the raisins and toss. Makes 4 to 6 servings.